“I want to be the best I can be and make my parents proud”
EMEA Recruitment were honoured to welcome Abbe Luersman from Ahold Delhaize as a guest on the EMEA Recruitment podcast recently.
This is a great interview, with lots of valuable and thought provoking insights from Abbe, who won CHRO of the year in 2018.
Some of the areas we cover are:
- Why Abbe chose to Human Resources as a career path
- Learnings from our mutual friend Dave Ulrich
- How to win with others
- How Abbe and her team built an excellent culture and purpose model at Ahold and where they started this from
- The 4 strategic priorities that have been a foundation for Ahold’s success in recruitment and retention
- Vision of the future of work
We welcome you to like and share the podcast recording across your network and as ever, are interested in your comments.
In this podcast we cover:
- Abbe’s childhood and background 02:13
- Abbe’s time at Miami University in Ohio 03:24
- Reflections of Abbe’s creative purpose and how HR can help people realise their potential 04:57
- Helping associates love what they do how that creates great customer experience 06:59
- How working in teams gives a sense of fulfilment and purpose 08:02
- Abbe’s four key strategies to deal with current challenges in the workplace 10:19
- What winning CHRO Of The Year 2018 meant to Abbe 18:25
- Work-life balance 19:15
- Technology in HR 21:14
- What motivates Abbe the most in HR 23:57
- How Business Intelligence helps with team dynamics 24:55
- Who has influenced Abbe in her life 26:16
- Facing fears head on 28:14
- Abbe’s favourite motivational quotes 29:44
- How to connect with Abbe 30:40
We hope you enjoy the podcast and look forward to seeing your comments and shares
Listen to the full episode here: https://emearecruitment.libsyn.com/046-abbe-luersman-chief-human-resources-officer-at-ahold-delhaize
If you want to reach out to Abbe, you can connect with her through LinkedIn on:
The podcast is hosted by founder of EMEA; Paul Toms and Executive Recruiter and Senior Consultant; Jenny Callum.
To find out more about EMEA recruitment visit:
Follow EMEA Recruitment on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/emea-recruitment-limited/
Or connect with Paul on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomsemea
Or Jenny at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennycallumemea
Please like and share the post so your network can benefit from this advice.
If you have any questions or topics you would like EMEA Recruitment to cover in our podcasts in the future, please send me a message on LinkedIn and we will look to help as much as possible.