Working with a global FMCG business based in Zug, we are seeking to engage with an experienced Transport and Logistics Director to support their execution of strategic and operational programs in Logistics, Warehousing, Distribution and Transport.
Transport and Logistics Director – Zug
This is a complex technical role requiring strong leadership and expertise in Transportation and Logistics management on a global scale.
Responsibilities of the Transport and Logistics Director include:
- Maximising Transportation, Freight and Logistics efficiency
- Developing, managing and roll out of effective Transport Management System, optimising track and trace systems
- Global oversight of strategy, process and performance management
- Lead and develop a high-class team of outbound logistics and transportation managers
- Represent Logistics team within the wider Supply Chain and business as part of Global Centre of Excellence
- Ensuring product to market and OTIF to the global customer base
- Identify cost saving opportunities across outbound transportation, while defining roadmap and targets
- Manage process across various distribution networks, such as wholesale, retail and e-commerce
- Offer hands-on implemented support when needed to the operational teams
The Transport and Logistics Director will play a key role in the future success of the business and will support the commercial organisation. You will bring a continuous improvement mindset and be adept with systems and IT infrastructure improvements and implementations.
Additionally, as Transport and Logistics Director, we are looking for high calibre leaders with the following skillsets:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Engineering - an MBA is desirable
- 10+ years' experience in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Distribution Management
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures and overall team to enhance value of the entire function as part of creating a world class Operations team
- Fluent in English, any other language would be desirable
- Develop and continuously improve systems and operating procedures
- Project Management experience and a proven track record in delivering projects to successful conclusion
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, SAP would be particularly desirable
If you are interested in applying for this Transport and Logistics Director role, please register your interest using the link above. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Neil Cope in our Zug office on +41 41 508 7007
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.