Our client, a market leader in the Life Sciences sector, seeks a Global Head of Procurement for their Switzerland based office close to Zurich.
As Global Head of Procurement, you will operate in a senior leadership capacity, delivering cost reduction programs across the region through the implementation of best practice and management of Procurement and Supply Chain activities, including the direction and empowerment of the team.
Global Head of Procurement, Zurich, Switzerland
Reporting into the VP, the Global Head of Procurement will also be expected to:
- Lead the Procurement and Supply Chain function across multiple projects
- Focus towards delivering savings targets, as well as managing overall expertise
- Shape, build and develop a team of Procurement professionals to deliver best-in-class category management
- Hold market knowledge and have ‘finger on the pulse’ on relevant Procurement topics, particularly related to the Supply Chain within the Life Sciences sector
- Evaluate and monitor existing suppliers across Europe, identifying new potential suppliers and leading the strategy objectives
- Create and facilitate a Procurement mindset to genuinely deliver a Procurement transformation
- Foster long-term relationships with key stakeholders, including business partnership mentality with suppliers
My client is offering an excellent opportunity for a proven Procurement professional to lead a team of up to 10 direct reports, which includes directing sourcing managers across various regions.
As Head of Procurement, we are looking for high calibre candidates with the following skillsets:
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Fluent in English, any other language skills (German/French/Italian) would be desirable
- Ideally 10 years’ experience in management of Procurement processes and activities
- Previous experience in a Global Category Manager role and/or significant expertise within Direct Procurement would be preferred
- 5 years’ experience of leading a team(s)
- Experience of developing a strong supplier base through competent influencing and negotiating
- Competent in delivering quantifiable improvements in total cost of ownership
- Fully conversant with modern Purchasing and Procurement techniques
If you are interested in applying for this role, please register your interest using the link below. Alternatively, please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Neil Cope in our Zug office on +41 41 508 70 07
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.