Our Client is an industry leader in Technical Solutions in the Digitization Sector, who believe in further business development through smart technologies and data as a means to maintain competitive advantage in their market.
Cloud Architect, Zurich, Switzerland
They have shifted focus to Cloud Technologies as a big data environment where all business critical analytics can take place.
This role provides a unique opportunity to shape technical capabilities around securely acquiring both business data, as well insightful tech data, and making it accessible at single point of origin in the Cloud. Furthermore, this role provides the opportunity to demonstrate strong and thought leadership with regards to taking Proof of Concept work, right through to scale up for Global Roll Out.
Your main responsibilities as Cloud Architect will include but not be limited to:
- Taking technical responsibility for the architecture, design and operations of our Analytics Solutions based on Azure/AWS, spanning across Big Data Management and Advanced Analytics Services
- Be a liaison with our global stakeholders in topics related to business, digitisation and IT.
- Oversee large implementation projects with close collaboration between internal and external resources.
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and all phases of solution delivery projects, including challenges in the details.
- Document and share technical best practices and insights within the Digital & IT community.
- Operationalizing and industrializing analytical use cases including end-to-end data pipelines.
- Advising on new technology trends and possible adoption to maintain competitive advantage.
- Close collaboration with data scientists and analysts from various functions and business units.
Requirements necessary for the role of Cloud Architect:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering with specialization in Data Science / Data Engineering
- Multiple years/hands on experience in:
- Big Data Architecture environments & Big Data Management (Azure/AWS)
- Data Ingestion & Processing as well as API management (Azure/AWS)
- Analytics, and exposure to collaborating with Data Scientist teams to facilitate environments for analytical topics such as machine learning and AI.
- Security (Active Directory, Application Gateway, Key Vault, Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups)
- DevOps & continuous integration, testing and automation for all current solutions and Proof of Concept work.
- Experienced in managing vendors/partners as well as projects from Proof of Concept to Scalable Solution.
- Strong track record of delivering results in a global matrix organization.
- Project Management skills are a big plus.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
Being a big picture thinker with a positive attitude would make you a good fit for this dynamic working environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an industry leading technology and data driven environment.
If you are interested in applying for this Cloud Architect role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Mark Dowsett in our Zug office on +41 41 508 7007.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.