Our client, an ever-expanding multinational, are searching for a Head of Accounting to join & lead their Geneva team.
Head of Accounting, Geneva, Switzerland
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will have a high-level exposure to the senior management of the business.
If you are a candidate who is looking for a role with a mix of operational vs. strategic, and who likes to bring new ideas to the table, this could be the position for you.
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS and Swiss GAAP.
- Management of 8 direct reports including Consolidation & Accounting Managers.
- Lead training sessions and performance reviews to develop team members.
- Constantly refresh knowledge on IFRS standards and regulations, and update accounting manuals and policies to reflect this.
- Develop close working relationships with the wider finance function (e.g. controlling, tax)
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects including systems upgrades, process improvements and dashboard creation.
Key competencies & soft skills:
- Full fluency in English and French a must.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent.
- CPA / ACCA or equivalent a benefit.
- Big 4 experience is a plus, but not compulsory.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to build relationships with finance & non-finance, internal & external stakeholders.
- Prior experience of hiring, managing, and developing team members.
- A Swiss passport/permit or EU passport is mandatory for this role.
If you are interested in applying for this Head of Accounting role please register your interest using the link below, send your CV to Emma.Feneley@emearecruitment.eu or call Emma Feneley in our Zug office on +41 41 508 7007.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.