Our client, a trading business based in Geneva, are searching for a Financial Controller to join their team. Working in a small, busy team, this opportunity is an ideal opportunity for any ambitious individual looking to take the lead on their own responsibilities and projects.
Financial Controller, Geneva, Switzerland
Reporting directly to the Team Lead Controlling and liaising closely with the Global Head, this role will also see the successful candidates building relations with business and finance teams based locally and globally.
- Analysis of transactions and reports produced by the trading teams.
- Consolidation ledger ownership.
- Assistance in the implementation and application of new IFRS standards (particularly IFRS 15 & 16)
- P&L reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Providing transparency on monthly and quarterly figures to management, in order to support strategic decision making.
- Liaising closely with the wider accounting function, group consolidation teams, traders and local finance teams.
- Participation in ad hoc projects as required.
- Prior experience in trading/commodities/heavy industry/mining, preferably in a multinational environment.
- Big 4 background an advantage.
- CPA / ACCA / ACA or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of IFRS.
- Strong organisational & time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Knowledge of multiple ERP systems.
- Advanced Excel knowledge a must.
- Full fluency in English a must, other European languages a plus.
- Valid Swiss work permit/Swiss passport/EU passport.
If you are interested in applying for this Financial Controller role, please contact Emma.Feneley@emearecruitment.eu or click apply to submit your CV.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.