Our client is a fast-growing company with a culture that cultivates change and innovation to drive it forward. They have an excellent track record of attracting and retaining top talent, which is related to their ethos of giving people responsibility, promoting independent working and allowing people to learn/develop through their own initiatives.
IT Project Manager, Barcelona, Spain
They are currently looking to hire IT Project Manager who will a member of the global team and coordinate projects in various locations worldwide.
The IT Project Manager will report to the Global Business Operations Director with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the regional IT Director.
This role is responsible for the planning, execution, organization and finalization of IT-related programs and/or projects according to agreed upon deadlines within an approved budget. Primary responsibility is the oversight of assigned projects within the application (principally SAP) and infrastructure domains. Responsibilities additionally include identifying resource needs and coordinating with service managers to secure team members, vendors and 3rd-party contractors/consultants to execute and deliver projects according to plan.
In what is both a broad and varied role, key responsibilities are to include:
- The IT Project Manager will work with the Business Operations function to build statements of work defining the effort required from implementation vendors.
- Drives the identification, development, and delivery of all IT solutions using detailed business requirements.
- Define required resources and the schedule for the implementation of the projects.
- Develop a detailed project plan for each initiative and monitors and tracks progress against that plan. Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Management of all outsourced technical support and 3rd party project consultants.
- Documents project activity and manages risk and cash burn accordingly.
- Ensures assigned projects are delivered on time, on budget, with quality and in accordance with the corporate Project Methodology.
- Captures project issues, ensure clear ownership of resolutions, and tracks to closure
- Escalates pending decisions and significant issues to project sponsors when necessary in a timely fashion
- Serve as single point of contact for project level questions and status
- Manage project financials by way of Excel-based models
- Develop and maintain risk management strategies
In order to fulfil the requirements of the position, it is envisaged the candidate should have the following skill set and experience:
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience required, preferably managing IT related initiatives.
- Experience interfacing with all levels of business leadership providing project status, presenting significant project issues and the alternatives to resolve, and attain approval for recommendations.
- Prior experience working within the consulting industry desired.
- Solid functional background related to IT initiatives with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, systems administration, or infrastructure engineering.
- Strong demonstrated leadership of direct and indirect teams and associated leadership, mentoring and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of SAP will be advantageous
- Previous experience in managing IT projects for the finance and accounting function will be a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills including a high level of attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS Office applications, most notably Project, Power-point and Excel.
- Ability to be a technical strategic thought leader as well as a “hands on” implementer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel globally when needed.
- Fluency in English
- Readiness to travel
If you are interested in applying for this IT Project Manager role please register your interest using the link above, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Izabela Darmstetter in our Zug office on +41 41 508 7007.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.