Our client, an international logistics business, are searching for an accomplished FP&A Controller. This role is responsible for the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function within the Benelux region, reporting to the Manager Controlling.
FP&A Controller, Schiphol, Noord Holland
This is a hands-on role, focused on detailed performance analysis and the provision of forward-looking insights, that will directly assist in commercial development opportunities, which are aligned to the business objectives. Additionally, there is a leading responsibility within the investment appraisal process.
The development of strong working relationships with, amongst others, SVP Finance for Europe, the local/regional business leaders, VP Commercial & regional commercial managers and the EMEA FP&A team mis critical.
Responsibilities of the FP&A Controller:
- Drive the planning & reporting processes within Benelux for the production of the 3 Year Plan, Annual Budget, the periodic Forecasts, Monthly business performance reviews and weekly Flash reports
- Review and interpret performance for trends and variations (including KPIs) delivering meaningful, accurate and timely reporting & analysis, which translate these into actionable plans for communication to management and other commercial managers
- Lead responsibility for controlling the investment appraisal program within Benelux, setting standards and defining relevant process improvements & efficiencies
- Actively involved in business development and identify new business streams, including commercial pricing models, acquisitions, other investment proposals (including review of capital investment programmes)
- Focus on understanding & solving business challenges with practical solutions based upon data-based insights
- Advise and support the regional teams on all other commercial and investment Finance matters
- Develop detailed working knowledge of key systems – billing, rostering, labour and purchasing, to ensure accuracy of financial reporting
- Qualified accountant (for example RA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with progressive post-qualification experience
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to identify, address and communicate issues and correction actions successfully at all levels
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the region
- Hands-on practical approach to providing guidance and direction in a challenging and dynamic business environment
- Self-motivated, disciplined and flexible attitude to work
- Experience of managing and adapting to the challenges of different cultures and legislation
- Knowledge of SUN, Hyperion and Vision Excel is preferred
- Experienced user of Excel is a must
If you are interested in applying for this FP&A Controller vacancy, please register your interest using the link below. Alternatively, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation about this role, please call Gemma in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.