Our client, a global specialist manufacturing company, is currently looking to recruit a Global Director Internal Control into their team in Amsterdam.
Global Director Internal Control, Noord Holland, The Netherlands
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced internal controls and compliance individual to develop and implement internal controls across the business’ global commercial and manufacturing operations.
The position is ideal for a proactive and ambitious individual, ideally with a BIG4 background, who has strong communication and management skills to elevate and drive best practice for internal controls and compliance within a transforming global business.
This role requires up to 35% international travel.
Your duties will include although will not be limited to:
- Leading and developing global internal control and compliance activities
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all centrally held control, compliance and regulatory documentation and company policies
- Ensuring compliance with external regulatory frameworks
- Acting as business partner driving strategic initiatives
- Identifying key projects to reduce risk, improve processes, reduce cost and monitor compliance
- Assessing business’ future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Keeping up to date with regulatory developments to ensure compliance
- Driving continuous process improvement to ensure best practice on a local and global scale
- Management reporting
- People management and development
- Working with peers and management to achieve objectives
- Support ad hoc projects as required
You will have:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Finance/Accounting
- A financial qualification CFA, CA, ACA, CPA
- An audit background in the Big4 would be preferred
- 15+ years' professional work experience in an international, matrix environment
- 10+ years’ experience in an internal controls and compliance function
- 5+ years managing and building an internal controls and compliance function
- Experience working with local, regional and global teams
- Fluent English language skills are mandatory
- Ideally to have experience with SAP and Dynamics 365
- An ability to manage conflict and multi task across high pressure situations
- Detail oriented with the ability to see the bigger picture and a mind-set for best practice
- A high level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- A patient yet ambitious team-playing approach, pushing yourself and others to deliver the highest quality results
If you are interested in applying for this Global Director Internal Control role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation, please call Michelle Ewing in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.