One of our most valued clients is looking for an experienced Dutch speaking payroll specialist, with a professional qualification, for their Netherlands HR team.
Payroll Specialist HR, Amsterdam, Noord Holland
The American Global healthcare company boasts impressive benefits and performance.
- Responsible for handling the processing, auditing, reconciliation of payrolls, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll taxes and deductions, and processing requests for off-cycle payments and final pays
- Oversees all activities necessary to process payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management
- Handle all payroll activities related to expats, International Relocation & international assignments which involves creating and maintaining shadow payrolls, correctly handling 30% tax concession and relocation reimbursements
- Reviews audit reports and payroll for monthly payroll process.
- Act as liaison between Payroll and the International Assignments group to process all payroll related entries including monthly, quarterly and year end reporting and reconciliation
- Responsible for researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures
- Coordinate local tax set ups with HR and Corporate Tax Departments
- Responsible for the completion and submission of the periodic, monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Responsible for maintaining the daily, transactional relationship with the external payroll provider, ADP, and ensuring timely communication of details payable to the vendor on a monthly basis.
- Demonstrate best practices and sharing of information between the Payroll Shared Service Team and division Finance and HR departments.
- Work with the manager, payroll to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of payroll policies and procedure documentation to ensure complete, accurate and up to date processes.
- Perform root cause analysis in order to identify gaps in existing solutions and assist in developing new preventative solutions
- Provide ideas, solutions and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll operations
Experience and Qualifications:
- Requires 5-7 years of payroll experience
- CPP designation (Certified Payroll Professional) or equivalent professional payroll qualification is required.
- Fluent Dutch is essential
- Preferable experience with expats, and internal assignment payroll, including shadow payroll, hypo tax, 30% tax concession, relocation reimbursements.
- Demonstrated expertise in payroll systems; preferred experience in ADP systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of payroll law to ensure company compliance
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements
- High level of integrity, responsibility, discipline and attention to detail
- Ability to balance competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team player.
If you are interested in applying for this role please register your interest using the link above, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Sophie in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.