Our global, speciality manufacturing client is searching for an IFRS Accounting Business Partner. In this challenging role, you lead Accounting-related discussions and make decisions, you will explain companywide policies and procedures, lead the financial close process, and ensure adequate and reliable financial reporting by the business or specific function.
IFRS Accounting Business Partner, Arnhem, Gelderland
You will need to be a tactical decision-maker on how to continuously improve the financial reporting process of the business or the specific function. This role reports to the Director Financial Reporting & Accounting.
Responsibilities of the IFRS Accounting Business Partner:
- Act as accounting & reporting business partner for the business and its management team
- Review specific business projects and the relating approval requests on the correct application of the accounting principles and guidelines
- In depth review of quality and content of the balance sheet and statement of income from an IFRS accounting point of view
- Ensure timely, adequate and reliable monthly financial closing process for the business
- Act as the business partner for the group functions (such as Tax, Treasury or HR)
- Actively involved in projects related to those functions
- Assess impact of new or changes in current accounting standards and guidance from governing bodies
- Lead projects on implementation of new or revised accounting standards
- Go-to person for complex IFRS topics, such as financial instruments, impairment testing and M&A
- A minimum of 10 years’ worth of relevant work experience in accounting and reporting
- Strong experience analysing complex processes and issues under severe time pressure
- Hold a master’s degree in Finance, with focus on accounting (CPA or similar qualification)
- Preferably have working experience in multiple global businesses and/or in a Big 4 audit firm
- Strong expertise & knowledge in financial accounting (IFRS, accounting processes)
- Preferably have SAP/HFM knowledge, or at least not afraid to learn the basics of systems and hands-on mentality
- Have adequate communication, people management and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in applying for this IFRS Accounting Business Partner role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Hannah Mallia in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.