Our client is a global multinational technology company providing services to corporate clients. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for a Global Head of Internal Audit.
Global Head of Internal Audit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
They are a market leader in their sector and are known for hiring and retaining outstanding talent.
The Global Head of Internal Audit will act as a strategic, consultative partner to the business, providing global audit insight and expertise.
The successful candidate should be a strong leader with demonstrated track record in managing internal audit, internal controls and risk management in a large, global organisation.
In what is both a broad and varied role, key responsibilities of the Global Head of Internal Audit are to include:
- Establishing the internal audit function in the business
- Setting up internal audit framework
- Definition and implementation of process and procedures to evaluate the effectiveness of the governance, risk management, compliance
- Providing risk-based, independent, and objective assurance, advice and insight
- Prepare and present annual internal audit plan to the Audit Committee
- Develop and lead audit programs and internal audit reports
- Provide periodical updates on plan status and results of audits and providing insight on control environment and trends.
- Building, coaching and leading an internal audit team
- Leading global audits, reviews, and evaluations of all operational and financial functions.
- Acting as risk management expert and recommending controls and operational improvements to mitigate risk and improve operational functions.
- Providing high quality of internal audit engagements and projects in line with solid risk management practices
- Liaison with executive leadership and the board of directors in the identification and performance of the required audits and projects.
- Working with and communicating with business partners at all levels to identify and respond to emerging risk issues
In order to fulfil the requirements of the position, it is envisaged the candidate should have the following skill set and experience:
- Strong academic background in business or finance as well as professional qualification in finance or audit (CPA, CIA, CISA or similar)
- Big 4 public accounting firm is highly advantageous
- At least 15 years of progressive career in internal audit gained in a multinational organisation
- Ability to interpret and evaluate risks to ensure appropriate controls and mitigation
- Track record in leading complex projects which require influence and implementation across various business groups and functions
- Proven experience in driving transformations and changes in the audit function
- Excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrated ability to present complex audit issues to management in a simplified and understandable way
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate and develop people
- Strategic thinking ability combined with hand-on, practical business approach
- Ability to operate efficiently and effectively in a matrix environment
- Outstanding verbal communication, interpersonal, and writing skills in English
- Readiness to travel on a frequent basis
If you are interested in applying for this Global Head of Internal Audit role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Izabela Darmstetter in our Zug office on +41 41 508 7007.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.